http://katrina.cnt.org/

Shipping Info c/o WISPA Relief Effort
107 McManus Road
Rayville, LA 71269
Donations
Equipment Still Needed
Equipment Donated So Far
Donations can be made through ChurchOfThe.Net, a 501(c)3 organization (run by Mac's brother Jay). All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law

Progress report for Tuesday the 13th
September 14th, 2005

A scout team composed of our team and Inveneo made camp in Bay St Louis, MS last night (Monday). We’ll let pictures say what words can’t when the photos from the last 24 hours get posted soon. In any case, we have had a productive day Tuesday: the convoy arrived at our new staging area in Ponchatoula, LA from Mac’s farm, and the Bay St Louis crew has plugged into the EOC (emergency operations center) in Hancock County and been given permission to immediately begin connecting shelters. The benefit of EOC validation is that it will afford us access to local government infrastructure, such as water towers, which are critical for deploying wireless backhaul and distribution points. The Ponchatoula team has worked hard to establish a new centralized base of operations and tomorrow will work on tying in to a large backbone connection to the Internet.

So the picture that is developing is that Ponchatula will be the jumping off point for a big wireless backhaul link into Bay St Louis, where we will then distribute the bandwidth to shelters using a mix of 900mhz and 2.4ghz radios. In addition, we can share bandwidth with other organizations here like the Naval Postgraduate Academy team that has set up a cool satellite-backed network based out of the medical center using a combination of 802.16 and 802.11 equipment. This team has generously offered their support to us as well while we get up and running, offering to share their satellite connection to our base camp, just about a kilometer away.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), a very busy day. Teams from Ponchatula will split up and start deploying APs and other client equipment in Bay St Louis ahead of the backhaul, and another team will be building a point to point link from our backbone connection in Hammond to a tower on I-55 to start the network.

All this and volunteers continue to arrive and replace the ones who’ve worked so hard over the past two weeks. The most heartening thing is that we’re starting to see the first of what we expect to be many return volunteers.

http://www.radioresponse.org/wordpress/

same group new site, pictures

United state bankruptcy court western district of texas United state life insurance United state patent
United state patent search United states patent office United state flag

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS