To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Matthew McDaniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [AkhaWeeklyJournal] Akha Journal: Czech Movie, Web Hits, Current Situation, Genocidal US Drug War

Dear Friends:

Things are tough enough. We keep helping how we can in the villages, there is a lot of fever and malaria and no food, no mosquito nets, a real big mess.

There is no alternative for it, the US DEA, the UNDP, the UNODC all got together and decided that no opium was better than a lot of dead Akha and that is what happened, America super cop creating a genocide of a mother of a drug war on the poorest of the poor, America the believer in some kind of fascist freedom, there are no other words for it.

It makes one ashamed to be an American when seeing what was done here. I have never seen people in real life as poor as this and after 13 years in Thailand and Burma one might think they had seen most of it.

Smug fat NGO's, lots of dead Akha, and no one who can explain why the Akha don't have mosquito nets or food or health care.

It makes me puke to think that an untold number of these Akha were killed for the insane US Drug War and that the UN and US people who did it really don't care who was effected. There is no excuse for it. I hear a lot of excuses though, what uncle sam does just has to be right, doesn't matter how impoverished people are while safe america calls the shots.

The Czech Movie on Missionaries in Thailand was a big hit, lots of good comments.

The website has gone over a million hits since Jan. 2004. Not bad.

A couple bucks buys a mosquito net here, we put out what we can.

Matthew McDaniel

The Akha Heritage Foundation.
http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.
PO Box 6073 Salem, OR. 97304 USA.

Photo gallery. Thailand, Laos. USA/UN-aided drug-war torture, death squads, camps.
http://gallery.marihemp.com/akha

Matthew McDaniel of the Akha Heritage Foundation. http://www.akha.org
Akha.org site search. Click link and then add search terms:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.akha.org
Google search shortcut that pulls up links to hundreds of drug war articles on the Akha.org site:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.akha.org+"drug+war"

These search shortcuts will pull up many Laos articles. Add or substitute search terms as needed to get better or different results. For example; substitute 'thailand' for 'laos' in the searches.
For the Akha.org site:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.akha.org+%22drug+war%22+laos
For the DrugNews.org site from 1997 to date:
http://www.mapinc.org/find?BK=laos&YY1=1997
For the Akha Weekly Journal Yahoo Group public archive:
http://www.google.com/search?q=laos+inurl:yahoo.com/group/Akhaweeklyjournal
For the Akha discussion Yahoo Group public archive:
http://www.google.com/search?q=laos+inurl:yahoo.com/group/akha

Yahoo Groups.
http://www.noplanetb.org/default.html  a mirror of some of the above Akha email list.

May-2003. U.S.-aided Thailand death squads go on. 1000's dead. Drug war and more. DEA, U.S. police, and U.S. military involvement with Thailand. Akha Foundation, Indymedia, etc..
http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2003/05/1614635_comment.php and
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2997.html and
http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-2119.html and

*July 7, 2004 New York Times article. "LETTER FROM ASIA; She Tilts Against Power, but Don't Call Her Quixotic." By Jane Perlez. Article quote: "Among those either killed, or missing and presumed dead, were campaigners against logging, dams and wastewater projects." Another article quote: "She reminded those audiences, she said, that more than 2,000 people suspected of breaking drug laws were killed during a three-month 'war on drugs' by the Thaksin government last year [2003], a move that prompted the State Department to criticize Thailand's 'worsened' human rights record."
http://www.akha.org/article-102--0-0.html and
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/07/international/asia/lett.html?ex=1246939200&

------------------------

FRAME
FRAME FRAME FRAME
FRAME
FRAME
FRAME
FRAME

Akha hill tribes regional map. Thailand, Laos, China, Burma.
http://gallery.marihemp.com/akha/akharegionalmap

Drug Wars and "Holy" Wars. Led by
braindead spiritless fundamentalists hogtied to their religious texts.
Fortunately, such fake spirituality is becoming more despised daily worldwide.

Most were civilians:

MMM (Global Million Marijuana March).
First Saturday in May, or that weekend, or thereabouts.
Hundreds of different cities worldwide. Email list and public archive: