whats this shit?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [osint] Nigeria: Whale blamed for plane rumours
Date:   Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:15:41 -0400
From:   Bruce Tefft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     Bruce Tefft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Nigerian rationality has not increased in the last 20 years.

Bruce

 <http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_1821744,00.html>
http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_1821744,00.html

Whale blamed for plane rumours
23/10/2005 12:02  - (SA)

Cotonou - A sperm whale trapped in fishermen's nets made such a noise as it
struggled that it sparked reports Sunday that the sound was that of a
Nigerian jet crashing into the sea.

In fact, Nigerian officials said, the plane crashed on dry land 400km north
of the coast just after dark on Saturday after taking off from Lagos.

Earlier, before the plane's wreckage had been found, fishermen from the
neighbouring city of Cotonou had reported a mysterious large object dropping
into the sea.

"We were heading out to sea at around nightfall, when I saw a large mass
fall into the water," fisherman Pierre Ahouansou told AFP on his return to
the port of Cotonou in Benin.

"It was a great big thing. It shook the surface of the water," he said.

Ahouansou's apprentice, Pamphele Folly, confirmed the sighting. Both spoke
to a reporter before hearing reports of the missing airliner.

It was intially thought that the sound might have been that of the missing
jet, but Chinese trawlerman Li Wong later cleared up the confusion.

"In fact, we caught a sperm whale last night and it made a lot of noise as
we hauled it in," he told AFP in Cotonou harbour.

Nigerian officials said that a Boeing 737 airliner with 114 people on board
disappeared a matter of minutes after taking off from Lagos at 19:50 (20:50
GMT) on Saturday.

 <http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_1821826,00.html>

PROTECTED]

For more information go to: