Shades of New Orleans after Katrina:

The couple, with the help of the Southern Poverty Law Center, sued Nethercott. And a judge recently awarded the couple Nethercott's 70-acre ranch near Douglas, Texas.

"What they did is they waited until I was in jail," Nethercott said. "And then they sued me with a default judgment. I’m in jail, I couldn’t show up for court."

norgesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Empire Strikes Back

This comes courtesy of Cal S. Anyone who becomes a threat to the Powers-That-Be or their effort to dissolve the borders of this country by taking direct action and making headway is now clearly a target. Note the involvement of the superwealthy "Southern Poverty Law Center."

Man fighting for closed borders loses battle
08:55 PM Mountain Standard Time on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
By Mike Watkiss / 3TV reporter
Casey Nethercott, 38, founded the anti-immigration group, Ranch Rescue.
"If I had my way, I’d put a concrete wall down the border, put gun powder on it and say, 'America is closed,'" Nethercott said.
Some people call Nethercott an American hero, a patriot wronged by the country that he loves.
"He’s a hero. My son is a good man," said Nethercott's mother, Margaret. "He would never, ever hurt anyone."
"I can’t help that I’m 250 pounds," Nethercott said. "I can’t help the way my eyes look. Or that I lift weights. But I’m not a criminal."
Nethercott sits today in a Texas prison because there are others who say he is a criminal. A law-breaking vigilante.
"[The government] is lying to you," Nethercott said. "The borders are wide open and, damn it, something is going to happen."
Nethercott, a one-time bounty hunter, has made it his business to try to curb illegal immigration by starting an armed militia group on his 70-acre ranch near Douglas, Texas.
He would tell reporters that he and men were willing to step in where the government had failed. He said he'd use machine guns to monitor the border.
In early 2003, Nethercott, and a couple of men from Ranch Rescue, detained and allegedly abused two illegal immigrants.
Nethercott allegedly detained the immigrants, Fatima Leiva and Edwin Mancia, both Salvadorans, as they were crossing the border near Hebbronville, Texas.
"The one guy was dehydrated so I gave him water," Nethercott said. I gave his girlfriend some power bars and it was two miles from the end of the property so we drove 'em off the property."
But the couple says Nethercott threatened them both and pistol-whipped Mancia.
"I never even had a gun with me that night. They’re absolutely lying about it," Nethercott said.
Nethercott was charged with assault and while Texas jury deadlocked on that charge, Nethercott, who is a convicted felon, was found guilty of possessing a weapon and thrown into prison.
The couple, with the help of the Southern Poverty Law Center, sued Nethercott. And a judge recently awarded the couple Nethercott's 70-acre ranch near Douglas, Texas.
"What they did is they waited until I was in jail," Nethercott said. "And then they sued me with a default judgment. I’m in jail, I couldn’t show up for court."
Nethercott claims that all he did was detain the couple until border agents could arrive.
He says that when agents didn’t show, the immigrants were released.
"If he was not found guilty of that, how could they take his ranch? We work so hard for this country and they’re giving it away to anybody who wants to come in," Margaret said.
"America right now is more concerned about their SUVs and their cell phones," Nethercott said. "They aren't watching their country being eroded out from under them."
Fatima Leiva and Edwin Mancia refused an interview for this story.
Nethercott is serving 5 years on the weapons violation.

Yahoo! Personals

United state bankruptcy court western district of texas United state life insurance United state patent
United state patent search United states patent office United state flag

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS