YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

--- Begin Message ---

More on Henry Zapruder:

They seem to have left out how Zapruder's dad was affiliated with the CIA and that it was fraudulent to pay their family 16 million for the Zapruder film of JFK's assassination.

Oh well.  Can't win them all.

Bruce Adams.....

Further to your email:*

Henry Zapruder; Advised Program Providing Legal Aid to Indigents*

By Patricia Sullivan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 27, 2006; B06

Henry G. Zapruder, 67, a prominent Washington tax lawyer who was a key
adviser for a program that resulted in more than $1 billion for legal
fees for impoverished clients, died of brain cancer Jan. 24 at his home
in Chevy Chase.

Mr. Zapruder, a partner in the Baker & Hostetler law firm, was
repeatedly named by his peers to the "Best Lawyers in America"
publication, most recently in September. He was known as "a man with a
golden tongue," colleague Roger Pies said, for his ability to synthesize
and communicate tax policies and legal issues. But he was most proud of
his part in establishing what is now the Interest on Lawyers' Trust
Accounts (IOLTA).

IOLTA programs, first started in Australia and Canada, use money,
temporarily held by a lawyer, for indigents' legal services. Client
funds, such as real estate down payments, that are too small in amount
or held for too short a time to earn interest for the client, are placed
in a pooled interest-bearing trust account.

The interest on that account provides legal help to the poor. In 2003,
state IOLTA programs generated more than $133.8 million nationwide.
Between 1991 and 2003, IOLTA generated more than $1.5 billion nationwide.

Arthur J. England Jr., the former chief justice of the Florida Supreme
Court who is usually credited with launching IOLTA in the United States,
called Mr. Zapruder "indispensable" to the effort. Mr. Zapruder obtained
a letter from the Internal Revenue Service that allowed the
establishment of the program in Florida.

"We then went on the road, proselytizing it state by state," starting in
1981, England said.

As other states started similar programs, they sought Mr. Zapruder's tax
advice. When a foundation was set up to provide guidance and when the
American Bar Association took over the foundation, Mr. Zapruder was the
tax counsel.

"He, as much as anybody, was Mr. IOLTA," England said. "And he did it
all for free."

He tried 19 or 20 cases before juries early in his career, his colleague
Pies said, and lost only one. As a lawyer, he had the ability, uncommon
in modern times, to keep clients for 25 or 30 years. "Clients fell in
love with him and just wouldn't let go," Pies said.

Mr. Zapruder was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., and raised in Dallas. His late
father, Abraham Zapruder, a dressmaker, made the famous film of the
assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Since the family owned the
film, it controlled its use, which Mr. Zapruder found to be a burden,
Pies said. The family stored the film at the National Archives and
allowed scholars to use copies of the film for free and educators to use
it for a nominal cost, but managing the use was costly. In 1999, after
years of lawsuits and negotiation, the federal government bought the
film for $16 million.

The younger Mr. Zapruder graduated from the University of Oklahoma in
1959 and received a degree from Harvard University's law school in 1962.
He attended Oxford University for a year. He worked as a trial lawyer
with the Justice Department's tax division and as a lawyer-adviser with
the Treasury Department's Legislative Counsel.

He worked for several law firms in private practice before forming
Zapruder & Odell, a tax specialty law firm in Washington, suburban
Philadelphia and London, in 1989. He joined Baker & Hostetler in 1998,
as a senior partner.

Mr. Zapruder was among those who received the IOLTA Litigation Team
Award from the American Bar Association in 2003.

He enjoyed sailing, cooking, playing the guitar and home movies. He
loved science, physics, watercolor painting and traveling and was
"curious about the world and people," his daughter said.

Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Marjorie Zapruder of Chevy
Chase; three children, Matthew Zapruder of New York City, Michael
Zapruder of Oakland, Calif., and Alexandra Zapruder of Washington; a
sister; and a granddaughter.

bruce adamson wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
> Notice Henry Zapruder died on Jan. 24, 2006, he was a lawyer for the
> Department of Justice in Washington D.C. when his father shot the film
> of JFK's assassination.
>
> His father belonged to the same CIA organization as the de
> Mohrenschildt's The Dallas Council On World Affairs which was founded
> by Neil Mallon, the classmate of Prescott Bush at Yale.  both Prescott
> and Mallon were Skull and Bones members.
>
> Mallon held an office in the same building as CIA agent George de
> Mohrenschildt and the building was under a CIA trust.
>
> bruce c. adams.....
>
> Obituary in short is as follows;:
>
> ZAPRUDER, HENRY G.
> On Tuesday, January 24, 2006, HENRY G. ZAPRUDER of Chevy Chase, MD.
> Beloved husband of Marjorie Zapruder; devoted father of Matthew,
> Michael and Alexandra (Craig Dye) Zapruder; dear brother of Myrna
> Ries; loving grandfather of Hannah Lilly. Funeral services will be
> held on Thursday, January 26, 2006, 10:30 a.m. at Temple Micah, 2829
> Wisconsin Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20007. Interment following at Mt.
> Lebanon Cemetery, Adelphi, MD. Shiva will be observed at the late
> residence, Thursday evening, Saturday and Sunday evenings. In lieu of
> flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Brain
> Tumor Association, 2720 River Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60018 or to the
> Henry G. Zapruder Fund for Education, c/o The Rabbi's Discretionary
> Fund at Temple Micah.
> --

email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bruce--------------------\\ ~ ~ //
--------------------------( @ @ )
=====================o00o===(_)===o00o=========
   Bruce -- web http://ciajfk.com
                        .oooO    (   )
                          \_)
  Bruce C. Adams....P.O. Box 1003, Aptos, CA, 95001

--- End Message ---