C-SPAN Promotes 9/11 'Truth' Movement
By Cliff Kincaid
Aug 28, 2006

"Thank God for C-SPAN" is what we used to say about the channel's habit of airing material that the rest of the media usually won't touch. But C-SPAN's airing of a "9/11 Truth" panel has only served to poison the public debate about the nature of the Islamic fascist threat. The panel featured Webster Tarpley, a former member of the Lyndon LaRouche organization, which specializes in blaming the Zionists, Britain and the Queen of England for the world's problems. LaRouche is a former Marxist and Democratic presidential candidate who served prison time on financial fraud charges. He defended Iraq before the first Persian Gulf War.

If this kind of event is considered "news," then we can expect C-SPAN to air panel discussions about extraterrestrials, flying saucers, and alien abductions.

The two-day event, "American Scholars Symposium: 9/11 and The Neo-Con Agenda," was held in Los Angeles and began with host Alex Jones thanking C-SPAN for covering the affair, as participants rose to their feet in a standing ovation for the channel. Several panelists focused on questions or anomalies in how the Twin Towers collapsed. One became almost bug-eyed as he offered 10 reasons to believe that the  9/11 hijackers were "fake."

Even before the airing of this event, there was evidence that a significant number of people were falling victim to the propaganda that the U.S . was itself responsible for 9/11. According to a Scripps News story by Thomas Hargrove and Guido H. Stempel III, who cited a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll, "More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East,…"

The actual figures were that 16 percent thought it was "very likely" that "People in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East…" The figure of 20 percent thought it was "somewhat likely." That brings the total to 36 percent who believe the federal government assisted in the 9/11 attacks.

According to a release from a member of the 9/11 Truth movement, the C-SPAN show was "a rare break in a monolithic media façade supporting the official conspiracy theory of 9/11." That "conspiracy theory" is that Arabs/Muslims did it. The release said that the truth about 9/11, which is that the U.S. Government was itself responsible for the attacks, has been censored by "right-wing cheerleaders for foreign wars" and even leftist "gatekeepers."

The event featured charges by a member of the audience that The Nation magazine and Amy Goodman on the left-wing of the political spectrum are part of the conspiracy to keep the truth from the American people.

Tarpley, author of 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA, said that C-SPAN's decision to air the panel was a sign that "a faction of the ruling class may actually desire to turn back from the catastrophic abyss of thermonuclear World War III." He added, "The official 9/11 Big Lie is collapsing around the ears of Bush, Cheney, the neo-cons, and the invisibles who run them."

Tarpley said C-SPAN deserves credit for having "completely destroyed" the 9/11 "myth."

The problem for this "truth" movement, of course, is that the architects of 9/11 claimed credit for the attacks in interviews with Al-Jazeera, which has been consistently serving as an organ of al Qaeda. There's absolutely no reason to doubt this evidence, which comes from the horse's mouth. We'll have more on that in another commentary.

Cliff Kincaid is the Editor of the AIM Report


Complete archives at http://www.sitbot.net/

Please let us stay on topic and be civil.


Independent broker dealer Independent director Central intelligence agency
Central intelligence agency employment



Reply via email to