Begin forwarded message:

From: "Daniel A. Feder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: October 10, 2006 7:34:32 AM PDT
Subject: [narconews] Conteras: "Thanks to Narco News, Positive Changes Have Taken Place"

October 10, 2006
Please Distribute Widely

A Letter to Readers from Miguel Angel Contreras

"When even one American -- who has done nothing wrong -- is forced by
fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in
peril."

- Harry S. Truman

I was introduced to Narco News by journalist Bill Conroy and asked to
become a copublisher. I accepted the invitation even though I was
still employed by the Legacy US Customs Service, and I introduced
myself to my fellow Narco News copublishers.

I retired from federal law enforcement service on October 3, 2006.
Since I no longer work for "Uncle Sam," I guess now it is time to
formally introduce myself to you. I have always strived to be a
consummate no-nonsense law enforcement and security management
expert. I also have a long career as theologian and minister, while
also being a driving force in numerous coalitions crossing
ideological, cultural and religious boundaries. I am the founder and
former chairman of the Federal Hispanic Law Enforcement Officers
Association and the founder and a chaplain of the International Order
of St. Luke the Physician -Yuma Hispanic Section. For over 27 years I
served with distinction as a supervisory criminal investigator and as
a journeyman criminal investigator with federal law enforcement
agencies, such as the US Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of
Immigration & Customs Enforcement, US Customs Service's Offices of
Investigations and Internal Affairs, US Drug Enforcement
Administration, US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, US
Immigration & Naturalization Service, and US Defense Investigative
Service. I can tell you that thanks to Narco News, positive changes
have taken place at certain government agencies such as the US
Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

I know that millions of people enjoy reading the "Real Thing" in
Narco News. This media source has no hidden political agendas, but
wishes only to tell the truth and to expose what needs to be exposed.
However, for the most part business continues as usual in Washington
unless something big happens such as a terrorist attack or a natural
disaster, and even then, more time is spent "finger-pointing" than
addressing the real problem. We still have a lot of work to do.

Narco News and the Narcosphere, in addition to reporting the truth
and the facts, also fight for the rights of people and journalists
across Latin America to live and report freely, without fear of
reprisals. As a nonprofit, nonpartisan newspaper, Narco News relies
solely on contributions from individuals and foundations to carry out
this important work. In order to preserve this independence, Narco
News does not accept any paid advertising or government grants or
support of any kind.

Donations, particularly by individuals like you, make it possible to
investigate, publicize, and protest attacks on freedom and democracy
throughout North and South America. Narco News responds whenever one
of its journalists is in peril, assisting them with urgent needs,
such as emergency evacuation, resettlement, medicine, and legal
defense. Narco News publishes articles, news releases and special
reports that have induced governments and commercial media to take
immediate action once the "cat is out of the bag."

You can make a donation online, by visiting the website of The Fund
for Authentic Journalism:

Or mail your donation to:

The Fund for Authentic Journalism
P.O. Box 241
Natick, MA 01760

Every report authored and distributed, every campaign undertaken to
free jailed journalists and political prisoners, along with Narco
News' work in countries where journalists and people are in distress,
are all funded entirely by donations and gifts from supporters. Your
contribution will make a crucial difference in the lives of embattled
people throughout the Western Hemisphere.

Miguel Angel Contreras PhD, CPP, CFE

Read Miguel Angel Contreas' Reporter's Notebook in the Narcosphere:

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Independent broker dealer Independent director Central intelligence agency
Central intelligence agency employment