http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/last_circle/1.htm
INTRODUCTION
RE: "The Last Circle"
The following condensed version of The Last Circle was provided in October
1996 to a secret Investigative Committee comprised of Congress people,
lawyers and former POW's at their request. I originally contacted
Congresswoman Maxine Waters in Washington D.C. and offered information
relative to CIA drug trafficking, but was told the information was too
complex and would I mind putting the information into a newspaper story, get
it published and send it to her office?
I agreed and contacted a local newspaper reporter who, after reading
portions of the material, decided it needed to be reviewed by individuals
who had special knowledge of CIA drug trafficking, arms shipments, and
biological warfare weapons.
After a brief meeting with these individuals, former Special Forces soldiers
from the Vietnam era, they asked for copies of the manuscript, guaranteed an
immediate congressional inquiry, and advised me NOT to place the information
on the Internet as they feared the information could be, in their words,
"taken as just another anti-government conspiracy."
I condensed the manuscript into the attached treatise, covering information
relative to THEIR focus, and sent it to them along with key documents.
Shortly afterward, they re-contacted me and set up elaborate security
measures to insure my safety. As of this writing, I've had no need to
institute those measures.
I have in my possession five boxes of documents, obtained from a convicted
methamphetamine chemist whose closest friends were a 20-year CIA operative
and a former FBI Senior-Agent-in-Charge of the Los Angeles and Washington
D.C. bureaus. The labyrinthine involvements of these people and their
corporate partners is revealed in this manuscript, along with information
obtained by Washington D.C. journalist Danny Casolaro prior to his death in
1991.
A great deal of investigation still needs to be accomplished. I have neither
the financial means nor the ability to obtain "evidence" for "prosecution."
I am simply an investigative writer, placing this information into the
public forum in hopes that someone, somewhere, will grasp the significance
of the data and initiate a full-scale investigation with subsequent subpoena
power.
With subpoena power, government agents can testify (some kept anonymous in
this manuscript) who would otherwise lose their jobs and retirement if they
came forward. Witnesses can be protected and/or provided immunity, and
financial transactions of government and underworld figures can be
scrutinized.
To date, I have not had more than one hour conversation with anyone
associated with any Congressional investigation, and therefore am extremely
limited in my ability to present the information I have. Much of what I
learned during my five-year investigation cannot at this point be inserted
into a manuscript. I must be assured the information and witnesses will be
handled appropriately.
I personally do not believe the Department of Justice will ultimately
"prosecute" this or any other drug trafficking case if it involves
government officials. But I have made the effort to put forth enough
information to generate interest and show good faith. I hope it will be of
some value to the American public.
Please keep in mind as you read the attached pages that the complex
corporate structures and technological projects described herein "may" have
been nothing more than an elaborate smoke and mirrors cover for narcotics
trafficking.
This aspect of my investigation was corroborated by several government
investigators, one of whom was a House Judiciary investigator, who spent
three years investigating the Inslaw stolen software case and said in
response to my findings:
"There's some great information here. You did a very good investigative job,
I have to commend you on that. I realize it's only a fraction of everything
you have. What you have done, you have put the pieces of the whole thing
together. Little bits and pieces of things that I have known about, that I
had theorized about, you have found answers to those specific questions."
(See Chapter 13 for entire conversation). That investigator is now in the
White House Office of Drug Control Policy.
To those interested, nearly everything noted in the attached manuscript is
supported by documents or tape recorded interviews. Some are extremely bulky
and not quoted extensively in the manuscript, such as lengthy FBI wire tap
summaries.
I wish to thank Garby Leon, formerly Director of Development at Joel Silver
Productions, Warner Bros. in Burbank, California for tirelessly prompting me
to get a first draft of The Last Circle written in 1994 and helping me with
countless tasks during our joint investigation of the death of Danny
Casolaro.
  _____

THE LAST CIRCLE

Copyright 1994 - All Rights Reserved

By Carol Marshall

NOTE:
This is a FIRST DRAFT, bare-bones, unpolished manuscript without prose,
characterizations etc.