This is so dispicable. How can anyone do such a thing?  I think a few months
boy-cott will fill that bill and make it less available to those who would use
it in a really awful way. After Easter, Mother's Day and even more if one
wishes.  I think that company will get the message soon enough.

          Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:17:37 -0800 (PST)    From:   "Stevo" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>  View Contact Details   Add Mobile Alert     Subject:  Greeting
card company yanks Pelosi dominatrix eCard    To:     [input]   [input]
[input]   [input]
     YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = -176188549; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date =
""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {  };
 YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169";  YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId =
"97546168";       Greeting card company yanks Pelosi dominatrix eCard after Raw
article     A national greeting card company confirmed today that it had pulled
an eCard from its website depicting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other
leading Democrats wearing 'bondage'-related clothing. The action was taken
after Blue Mountain received consumer complaints when RAW STORY reported on the
card on Wednesday.
  The 'Love Democratic Style' eCard on the Blue Mountain website depicted
Democratic leaders wearing bondage-related clothing and suggested that family
values had been thrown "out the window." Blue Mountain is owned by
AGInteractive, the online arm of American Greetings, which describes itself as
"one of the world's largest manufacturers of social expression products." A
Republican counterpart to the 'Democratic-style' card was not available on Blue
Mountain's website.
  When clicking on the original link to the eCard posted by RAW STORY on
Wednesday, the following screen now appears:
  The eCard has also been removed from the Blue Mountain website's Funny
Valentine's Day eCards index.
  A number of RAW STORY's readers forwarded e-mails sent by the Consumer
Relations department of Blue Mountain noting that the card had been removed and
apologizing for any offense caused by the card.
  "As of February 16, the eCard in question has been removed from our network
of personal expression websites," wrote a "Joshua M." "Your comments have been
forwarded to the people who plan our future online card programs for their
review. We will definitely take your comments into consideration as we develop
future content."
  "It was never our intention to offend anyone, and we regret any concern this
e-card may have caused," the Consumer Relations e-mail added. "Humor is very
subjective, and just as preferences in books, movies, TV programs and stand-up
comedy routines vary widely, so do online card preferences."
  RAW STORY independently received this e-mail, and also confirmed its
authenticity with an American Greetings employee. The company also put out an
additional statement.
  "Political satire is popular with our subscribers. However, we understand
that this particular e-card was offensive to you and others," they wrote.
"Therefore, we have removed it from the site. We apologize to you, and to the
others we offended. We always appreciate consumer feedback, and will take your
comments into consideration when developing political satire in the future."
  A representative of the Media Relations office of American Greetings also
wrote that " I believe our president, Jeffrey Weiss, was going to personally
contact you to let you know we took this action."
  However, RAW STORY was never contacted by Mr. Weiss.
http://www.rawstory.com//news/2007/Gretting_card_company_yanks_Pelosi_dominatrix_0216.html

Never miss an email again!