  Regards,

  Theresa J. Steed

          Fw: New Goal - 500,000 Messages to Congress    Date:  Mon, 19 Mar
2007 19:35:40 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----   From: Al Gore
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:22 PM
  Subject: New Goal - 500,000 Messages to Congress

  #yiv418018737 #content A {
FONT-WEIGHT:bold;FONT-SIZE:12px;COLOR:#36578c;LINE-HEIGHT:16px;FONT-FAMILY:verdana,
 tahoma, helvetica;} #yiv418018737 #content A:hover { COLOR:#c71719;}

  Dear Vickie,
        We are now within striking distance of collecting over 500,000 messages
to deliver to Congress and have less than 48 hours to get it done in time for
the hearings.

Ask any friend who wants to end the climate crisis to sign our message to
Congress now by visiting:

http://algore.com/cards.html   When I emailed you last Friday, 294,374 people
had signed our message to Congress demanding immediate action to solve the
climate crisis. In that email, I asked you to help meet the goal of delivering
350,000 messages when I testify at Congressional hearings on Wednesday.
  Your response was amazing. By Saturday morning - because of you - we exceeded
our goal! In fact, as I write this email, our total has risen to 405,758. Thank
you!
  What that means is that we are now within striking distance of collecting
over 500,000 messages - and have less than 48 hours to get it done in time for
the Congressional hearings.
  Now is the time to reach out to as many people as possible. Ask any friend
who wants to end the climate crisis to sign our message to Congress now by
visiting:
  http://www.algore.com/cards.html
  By the way, maybe this goes without saying, but please reach out to
Republican and Independent, as well as Democratic friends. One of our goals
must be to make this issue one that transcends partisanship. While many of the
solutions to the climate crisis will be found within the political system,
there should be bipartisan and transpartisan agreement on the basic nature of
the crisis and the sense of urgency that is appropriate for us to solve it.
  That point was brought home to me again last week when I visited London and
met with the leaders of the Labour Party and the Conservative Party. In the UK,
both major political parties are completely committed to taking real action to
solve the climate crisis. They openly acknowledge this is an unprecedented
moral issue and are competing vigorously to see who can propose the most
creative and effective solutions to solve this crisis.
  Here at home, our objective must be to create a similar sense of urgency in
both political parties. That is why your activism leading up to these hearings
is so important. We are so close to our new goal of 500,000 messages to
Congress. You can help put us over the top.
  So please reach out to everyone you know and ask them to sign our message to
Congress today - or at least within the next 48 hours by visiting:
  http://www.algore.com/cards.html
  Thank you,
   Al Gore
  P.S. On Wednesday both the House and Senate will webcast the hearings live.
  My testimony in the House of Representatives begins at 9:30 AM and you can
watch the webcast by visiting:
  http://www.house.gov/science
  My testimony in the Senate begins at 2:30 PM and you can watch the webcast by
visiting:
  http://epw.senate.gov

            You can unsubscribe from this list at any time. View our Privacy
Policy

Bored stiff? Loosen up...