Walter Conkrite wrote to me and told me he was going to help with the help of
others, to get this new organization started, which would balance our Right
Wing neo-con Religious Group
  (I say that most of those people were indeed radtical to say the least).  I
blieve it has worked, we now have many orgainization which have grown up now
and are really worthy of their contributions for they have proven themselves.
If you are wondering who helped to furnish a lot of probono lawyers for those
who got arrested at our marches and our protests, then this is one of the very
first groups.  I am proud to be a member of this organization and proud of what
they have done for our country and our Democratic Leaders, even when they were
not very powerful in the Congress when it was mostly Republicans (neo-cons) who
held the power, like all of the Chairmanship and speaker of the house and
leader of the Senate, but because of organizations like this, and many of
them,and us on the internet forums, have helped to turn the tides, but we still
have much, much to do.  It won't be easy so if you would like to sign up for
donation, even a small one is acceptabe, and call
 congress, we are in business.  Let us stay there, Keep vigil on our government
and help to make it better and Clean it up. I am very grateful for this great
group and others like the Moveon.org movement, and many other too many to list
here.  you see, if we all work together, we can make a difference collectively.
Please make a call to Congress, as per message from PFAW.

  Organizations like this great one and many others need us to stay to help
them get the job done, and we, of all people, know by now what that job is.
Monday night t. v.. football players in their armchairs, are not who we need,
we need people who really care and WILL do something, even though it is just
our share, but just think what has occurred with the help of these people,
their hard work,a nd their time and energy.  I guess that is what is required
of all of us who really do care, and we Americans surely do that!!!!!

  Regards,

  Theresa J.Steed

          "Theresa J Steed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    Date:  Wed, 21 Mar 2007
09:31:14 -0700    Subject:  Gonzales may go soon - but we need you to stay!
From:  "Ralph G. Neas, PFAW President" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                            Forward this e-mail | Subscribe to PFAW Action
Alerts    PEOPLE FOR THE AMERICAN WAY March 21, 2007

   Don’t leave us during this critical time for our nation.
Renew today!

Dear Theresa J,   Last week, People For the American Way was the first major
organization to call for the resignation or removal of Attorney General Alberto
Gonzales. Tens of thousands of PFAW activists have called on congressional
leaders to demand real accountability for Gonzales’ elevation of Bush’s
political interests over the public interest, as displayed by the political
firings of U.S. prosecutors and the cover-up of White House involvement.
  With bipartisan criticism of the Attorney General growing, he may be gone
soon – but we can’t let that be the end of the story. It has to be the first
step toward holding the White House accountable. This scandal is just the
latest example of this administration’s long record of abusing its power at the
expense of the American people and of the Constitution. Now that there’s a
congressional majority willing to conduct real oversight, we have a chance and
you can help us make sure the investigations don’t stop with Gonzales.
  Every day the news confirms that People For the American Way was right in
2005 when we opposed Gonzales’ confirmation – and said he would put the
political interests of the president before a commitment to the Constitution
and rule of law.
  People For the American Way has proudly been at the forefront of the
opposition as Alberto Gonzales has aided and abetted the Bush Administration’s
wrongdoing and violations of our constitutional rights and liberties.
  But we can’t do any of this important work without you. Please renew your
membership in People For the American Way today with a generous gift of $45,
$60, $125 or even $500.
  Together we will continue to expose efforts by the Bush Administration to
downsize the Constitution. Together we will demand an Attorney General whose
first loyalty is to the rule of law. And, together we will build a country that
more fully reflects the values of freedom, fairness and opportunity for all.

  Please let me know you are with us by making your renewal gift now.
  Thank you,
  Ralph
  P.S. Gonzales may be gone soon...and with your support PFAW will vigorously
fight for an Attorney General who works for America, not Bush's White House!
  http://www.kintera.org/site/lookup.asp?c=feIJKQMEF&b=2609753

To ensure that People For e-mails are not diverted to your spam or bulk folders,
please add [EMAIL PROTECTED] to your address book and/or "safe list."

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail. Replies will not be read.
To contact us online, please use the web form at:
http://www.pfaw.org/go/contact_us/

  PFAW © 2007

Remove yourself from this mailing.

Need Mail bonding?