Not sure about his strategy but Ronnie Turner sure made his statement. I
have to root for this guy. Go to this link for several pictures.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=6434982

Ky. Man Inspired To Give Away Marijuana

April 27, 2007 02:05 AM EDT

ELKTON, Ky.- Neighbors said Ronnie Turner thought he was on a mission from
God.

But the way he went about carrying out that mission landed him in jail.

Some say Turner turned to pot to get out his message.

In Elkton, Kentucky, what you see is what you get.

There aren't many surprises in Elkton, Ky.

That is until Betty Fowler found something on her windshield.

"I looked at it, I read it and threw it in the car," Fowler said.

She had no idea.

"Whoa, I just looked it and I didn't know what it was," Fowler said. "I
thought I might plant it because I thought somebody at church had given us
bulbs or something."

Actually, someone had given her a bag of marijuana.

"It was about this much in a plastic bag," said Fowler's husband, Todd
County Clerk Billy Fowler, pinching one hand to demonstrate the quantity."

"When I got out and looked at it, I knew it was marijuana," he said.

Nearly 50 people at three Elkton churches had the mysterious bags of
marijuana placed on their cars Wednesday night.

"We just had people bringing the bags to us or calling us or we were going
to people's homes because they were afraid to touch it, said Michael
Ayersman of the Elkton Police Department.

It was definitely a strange case for the Elkton Police Department.

"Most people sell it, they don't give it away," Ayersman said.

Each gift bag came with a note that read "Peace Poles, Native American
Right." The handwriting looked just like Ronnie Turner's.

"Talked to the guy, and he admitted doing it," Ayersman said.

Police knew about Turner because last week he took out an ad in a local
paper.

"This other picture here of him at two-days old giving up the peace sign,"
said Ayersman referring to a newspaper advertisement featuring Turner as an
infant.

All of this has people asking why and Turner's neighbor said he has a good
idea.

"He said God smokes marijuana to calm down because he is so mad and so angry
at the way we're living and how the world is going right now," said Turner's
neighbor Skip Ray.

It's a reason that may surprise a lot of people in this small Kentucky town.

So far, the police have collected 47 bags of pot. They have no idea how many
might be out there.

After his arrest, officers said Turner wouldn't give them any information.

Anyone turning in a bag to police will not face charges.

So far, police have collected nearly a pound of marijuana.

Turner faces several drug charges.

He was held Thursday night in the Christian County Jail in Hopkinsville.