Reporter Arrested For Asking Giuliani Tough Questions

UPDATE: Here is video of the event in question. Matt
Lepacek who is a reporter for Infowars.Com and a
member of We Are Change had his Constitutional first
amendment rights clearly violated. So much for free
press. We are now living in the fourth reich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOerYpJse30

The first amendment is under serious attack following
an incident that took place at the GOP presidential
debates up here in New Hampshire. Matt Lepacek a
member of the activist/alternative media group We Are
Change was arrested for simply attempting to question
Rudy Giuliani about different issues including the
fact that he previously lied to the We Are Change
group about his involvement in the events of 9/11.
This event shows that we no longer have freedom of
speech or freedom of press in this country.

Even though Mr. Lapecek was unable to specifically
question Giuliani he was able to pepper one of
Giuliani's staff members with hard questions. Despite
asking these questions in a respectful manner, Mr.
Lepacek was escorted out of the building even though
he was asking legitimate questions and had press
credentials issued to him by the debate organizers.
Mr. Lepacek protested his removal from the post-debate
press area and demanded to know from police officers
why his Constitutional rights were being violated. He
attempted to re-enter the building and was
subsequently arrested and charged with criminal
trespassing for merely exercising his Constitutional
rights. What made this even crazier was the fact that
most of this was broadcast via a live web camera feed
on the We Are Change web site. Hundreds of people
witnessed Mr. Lepacek be arrested by the police
officers even after he informed them that video of the
events were being broadcast live on the Internet.

It would be one thing if he intentionally created a
disruption during the debate itself or in the
post-debate press area but he did nothing of the sort.
All he wanted to do was ask Giuliani and other
candidates the tough questions that the establishment
media is afraid and unwilling to ask. What is really
ridiculous is that he didn't even get a chance to
question Giuliani and yet he was still escorted out of
the building. Do we really have a free press if
certain members of the press are selectively escorted
away from political figures? We clearly have a
situation where the establishment press is a lapdog
for the government. A free press that is a watchdog of
the government is one of the keys in having a free and
open society. It appears clear from Lepacek's arrest
that we have neither a free or open society.

Details are still sketchy on these events, but I
witnessed a good portion of the web feed by watching
the live video feed in the group's RV at the debate. I
also got information from the other We Are Change
members and everything indicates that this is an
extremely disturbing event. His removal from the
building was unjustified and his arrest for criminal
trespassing was a clear violation of his
Constitutional rights.

Welcome to Nazi America. Judging from the early
reports of this event, it appears as if we no longer
have a free press in this country. We'll provide an
update on this event tomorrow as more details come
available.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.