My New Book: A Time To Lead

Dear Theresa J.,

>From Palgrave
Pub. September 4, 2007
ISBN:1-4039-8474-3
Buy it now on Amazon!

Listen to an audiobook clip
I'm excited to announce that this month, my personal memoir hit the shelves.
It's entitled, A Time to Lead: For Duty, Honor and Country.
  When I set out writing A Time to Lead, I wanted to tell a story -- a story
about America. I quickly realized the only way I could really do that was by
telling you the way I experienced it. The book chronicles periods of my own
life: growing up in the South during the 1950's, my life as a soldier, my life
in politics, and beyond; it's told through my experience, and the experience of
others. Our communities and our country face many challenges. Our stories unite
us.
  This is my story.
  During the next several months, I'll be touring America to tell this story; I
hope to see you along the way.
  My official website, WesleyKClark.com, is a resource for my updated tour
schedule, recent news, videos, and more. Please check it out, and be sure to
sign up for email updates.
  Best,
  Wes Clark
  P.S. - Be sure to tune in to Comedy Central tonight, Wednesday the 19th, at
11pm ET; I'll be Jon Stewart's guest on The Daily Show. Also, I'll be appearing
on Hardball on MSNBC at 7pm ET.

This message was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Visit your subscription management
page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal
profile. To stop ALL email from WesPAC, click to remove yourself from our lists
(or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).
   If you cannot view this email, please click here.

***************************************
  Subject: Can Iraq Get Blackwater to Go?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:25:30 -0400

Check out these Audio Highlights:
  Viggo Mortensen
The Rachel Maddow Show
Rachel Maddow chats with Viggo Mortensen

Farm Aid and bio-diesel
The Randi Rhodes Show
Randi chats with Willie and Annie Nelson, Woody Harrelson and Kelly King about
Farm Aid and the wonders of bio-diesel fuel

Straw Poll
The Thom Hartmann Program
Thom conducts a Democratic Presidential straw poll

Funniest Wrong Number Ever
The Lionel Show
Lionel answers a call for another radio show, the confused caller has no clue
what to do?
  Report Card Time
The Rachel Maddow Show
The al-Qaeda report card... 6 years later
  Brent Budowsky
The Randi Rhodes Show
Randi talks with Brent Budowsky, writer for The Hill, about the Petraeus
hearings and the Webb Amendment

Can Iraq Get Blackwater to Go?
By Nancy Scola on September 17, 2007 - 9:05pm
  We mentioned this morning that the Iraqi government has revoked the operating
license of Blackwater USA, a contractor/security firm/private army working in
Iraq. But to say that we have any real idea what that means, or indeed what
Blackwater has been doing in Iraq since the war began, would be suggesting
certainty where absolutely none exists. Congressman Henry Waxman has been
looking into Blackwater and related security firms for years, has called it "an
indecipherable world of contractors and subcontractors." That's
congressionalese for a giant, murky mess. Even the instance that has gotten
Blackwater in trouble with the Iraqi government is confusing, but is said to
involved the deaths of 8 Iraqis and the wounding of more than a dozen more.
  The U.S. government is unhappy with the move because Blackwater provides
security for all American diplomats and State Department employees. (They are
the guys with guns surrounding Paul Bremer in photos from his time as Coalition
Provisional Authority chief.) Also, Blackwater has deep connections within the
Bush Administration; Vice Chairman Cofer Black was the chief counterterrorism
official on 9/11. Former CIA intelligence officer Larry Johnson has this to say:
  Depending on whether the Blackwater security firm stays in Iraq will inform
us whether Prime Minister Maliki has any power or is just a U.S. puppet. My
money is on the puppet.
  One problem with their eviction?
  The Iraqi government has zero power to enforce a decision to oust a firm like
Blackwater. For starters, Blackwater has a bigger air force and more armored
vehicles then the Iraqi Army and police put together.
  Filmmaker Robert Greenwald has a short video here highlighting what is known
about Blackwater, including the many millions in no-bid government contracts
they've received since the start of the war.
 *******

SPONSORED MESSAGE
  A note from Al Franken

 It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of a campaign in full swing.  The
polls show that we’re within single digits of overtaking Norm Coleman, one of
George W. Bush’s favorite Senators.  We’re seeing huge crowds and big
enthusiasm everywhere we go.  And over 52,000 donors (so far!) have ensured
that we’ll have the resources to continue to hold Sen. Coleman’s feet to the
fire.
  CLICK HERE TO HELP ME TAKE ON NORM COLEMAN!
  But as Franni and I criss-cross the state, I’m meeting more and more
Minnesotans who remind me why it’s so important that we put our country back on
the right track.
  There’s the nurse in Cambridge who sees elderly patients admitted into her
intensive care unit because they can’t afford their medications, or because
they’re forced to cut their pills in half.
  There’s the steelworker in Hibbing, up on the Iron Range, who worries that
the pension he’s been counting on for 15 years will simply disappear if his
company goes bankrupt.
  And there’s the father in Bemidji who lost his son to a roadside bomb in
Fallujah.
  This campaign doesn’t just belong to me.  It belongs to Minnesotans like
these who desperately want real leadership on health care, on pensions, on the
war in Iraq.  And it belongs to progressive Americans like you who believe that
we’re all in this together.
  CLICK HERE TO JOIN MY TEAM!
  I need your help to continue our momentum.  Even if you only have a few
dollars to spare, your contribution will help me stand up to the right-wing
machine.  And if you can make that contribution before the fundraising quarter
ends on September 30th, you’ll help me prove to the pundits that our
people-powered campaign is strong enough to beat the special interests.
  Thanks for everything you do,

Al Franken

 Prepared and Paid for by Al Franken for Senate

You are currently subscribed to aaradmin as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe click here
or send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]