Dear Friends:

Work has slowed on the 3rd Journal, not enough hands
or hours to get it all done.

A new film will be coming out in Jan. 2008 from the
Czech Republic, Prisoners of a White God, a film on
the human rights situation of the Akha people.

We have asked the Oregon State Board of Higher
Education to rescind the PhD. of Paul W. Lewis, as it
is based on a thesis that involved the steriliztaions
of Akha women who were not given the opportunity for
Free, Prior and Informed Consent.

Does anyone have any information on where Paul W.
Lewis came from prior to 1948?

I am going to be ordering up a bunch of black Akha.org
hats. Available for a $50 donation. Let me know if you
are interested.

Draft Declaration for Indigenous Peoples passed the UN
vote on Sept. 13, 2007

Thank you,

Matthew McDaniel

The Akha Heritage Foundation.