URGENT NEWS
  PASS FAR AND WIDE
  PLEASE FORWARD
  PLEASE POST

  Dear Friends:

  As we work to get enough donations in to provide for the Bus, we see another
drug war looming in Thailand.

  http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10566797

  The work here is relentless and has been hard on all of us in the family as
well as volunteers.

  We need your support at this time, we need you to pass the word about the
project for the bus as shown at www.akha.org to your friends, media contacts,
my space, facebook, message boards, websites, blogs and anything else you can
think of.

  Your generosity can make this happen.

  You can help us to make a difference, as we take the Akha story to the world.
We have been at this for a long time, 16 years. And each time we have made a
progress step, its taken a lot of work. This one right now is one of our
biggest challenges ever, as we increase the publicity for the Akha cause.

  Last week Oregon's Polk County Itemizer Observer had an article about the
upcoming trip and campaign in the Jan 23 paper, page 6, but haven't seen it in
electronic form.

  This is a pivotal year, a pivotal time for us.

  The last drug war slaughtered many of the Akha, with no proof of guilt and no
accountability.

  We need your support to have any chance at bringing light to the conditions
the Akha have faced for years now, that only intensify year by year.

  Matthew McDaniel

The Akha Heritage Foundation.
http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.