http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=4962.msg106104
David Simon, creator of the long-running HBO series The Wire,
described Maryland as a commonwealth of laws written by others, not a
commonwealth of people by people for people, in his own terms saying
what I just gaves examples of from Virginia's injustice system. He
says name a government institution and he will recount how it does the
opposite of what it is supposed to do, to the detriment of people,
with loss of dignity. His main theme in this first part is about a
system which increasingly regards people as overstocked surplus.

I saw the death of Bodie episode a few nights ago on BET. My friend
Dennis Smith was shot in the back of the head like that in Mayfair,
Kenilworth, DC. I watched him die without a craniotomy to relieve the
swelling, though his Glasgow score was 9 to 11 an hour after he was
shot. He talked, stood up, walked, made sense, recognized what he saw
with his eyes. You didn't see that with Bodie, because most of the
headshot victims die within five minutes. You didn't see his family.
You didn't see the gangster funeral. You don't know how many old
gangsters age 22 and up are killed when they try to get out of CIA
covert ops. Simon does better than any other artist at telling it like
it is, especially if we include these three video interviews. I am
talking about identifiable humanity, not the depersonalized indians
for your cowboy to shoot a hundred at a time, and Simon says he is
talking about humans pushed into inhumanity but never completely
losing their humanity to the extent that their overlords have in order
to dig for one-bid treasure under the Big (unelected) Dubya the Bushes
made.

Simon notes that Baltimore is a good city to examine for what is
coming around the corner to the rest of the US, as there is no other
city where the ghetto and best part of town are on the same block or
same street. I have driven and walked in and out of the Baltimore
ghetto and best neighborhoods six or twelve times in a mile. You could
almost run home to mommy and make it there, while three tiers of
maximum security cells jeer you on. Baltimore is small with big city
problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPZYjRgqTI&feature=related

Simon notes that after Roosevelt we have been led to believe that The
Love Of Money Is The Root Of All Good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z42m_J8t18&feature=related

Simon notices that the fake drugwar has alienated police from the
people they are supposed to serve, and they do not do real police work
or solve crimes any more, because pro-active thought-criming is all
they have time for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8E8xBXFLKE&feature=related