wrote:
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=IVt0o-u-Qu_qzWOx-B3D982PWrpl-ffJUQMzoyy0Xjhq0vU\
rqaWpLtRYUiJF1nhD4Vtozlk8xKc7NQ> Date: July 17, 2008 5:20:26 PM PDTTo:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=ja2KDMGRnWbSeW3rfsTxp895flUUhhDjK-Aci4pcg1EQrv1\
w2gPlt15Oz2wuEGcko2c7yqDkXvWy6aAHHQ> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=eOmJ4DoPgLKRrrGW_4_oXNFN6WK6y5WFpJklUedMaCNQvEm\
pf3DSjYmIf0JNvBfJbjJJYFibkg> , [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=gb9hdpuHMfiFsVlW4JS4Xw1lrctMglepa8OepePvBuqO5Ut\
mSQaFbx1J_uP0gH3PvMCCtMh4WX9J> , [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=WzWBtQuMREvFSATjtSwDhdfJGNqidL3xL8AuhZZEyk5QhfA\
SsKmXRs5x4WpvNUkWpKoj9phx> , [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<../../../../post?postID=w0IYPZ8g58fPnTIqhagt-XG0ObLJtVbeDXt8rLNeUV4eLV_\
mo3KQs9WG8iQ-t0IZF-ovYKd91My7lw> Subject: After criticizing TSA, CNN
reporter put on no-fly "terrorist watch list"

CNN reporter criticizes TSA,

finds self on terror watch list

David Edwards and Nick Juliano
Published: Wednesday July 16, 2008

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/CNN_reporter_wants_off_terror_watch_0716.h\
tml
<http://rawstory.com/news/2008/CNN_reporter_wants_off_terror_watch_0716.\
html>

  The post-9/11 airline watch list that is supposed to keep terrorists
off of airplanes has swelled to more than 1 million names, including at
least one investigative reporter who had been critical of the
Transportation Security Agency, which maintains the watch list.

CNN's Drew Griffin reported on the bloating of the watch list, which an
ACLU count <http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/watchlistcounter.html>
pegged at 1,001,308 names Wednesday afternoon. Griffin's is one of those
names, he says.

"Coincidentally, this all began in May, shortly after I began a series
of investigative reports critical of the TSA. Eleven flights now since
May 19. On different airlines, my name pops up forcing me to go to the
counter, show my identification, sometimes the agent has to make a call
before I get my ticket," Griffin reported. "What does the TSA say?
Nothing, at least nothing on camera. Over the phone a public affairs
worker told me again I'm not on the watch list, and don't even think
that someone in the TSA or anyone else is trying to get even."

The TSA, which is a part of the Department of Homeland Security, said
Griffin's name wasn't even on the watch list, and the agency blamed the
airlines for the delays the reporter experienced. The airlines, on the
other hand, said they were simply following a list provided by TSA.

While it wouldn't be much of a stretch for plenty of people to believe
the TSA would exercise its revenge via watch-list meddling, an agency
spokesman insists that just isn't the case.

"So if there's any thought or shadow of a thought that TSA somehow put
you on a watch list because of your reporting," spokesman Christopher
White said, "it is absolutely fabricated."

This video is from CNN's American Morning, broadcast July 16, 2008.

http://216.87.173.33/media/2008/0807/cnn_am_terror_watch_list_080716a.fl\
<http://216.87.173.33/media/2008/0807/cnn_am_terror_watch_list_080716a.f\
lv>