Begin forwarded message:

From: "catalaunum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 20, 2008 11:29:58 PM PDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ctrl] Synthetic Pot: Army's Secret Weapon | Rove Should Go to Jail | Naomi Klein on Of

Top Stories, Video and Blog Posts for AlterNet
July 19th, 2008
http://www.alternet.org

SYNTHETIC POT AS A MILITARY WEAPON? MEET THE MAN WHO RAN THE SECRET
PROGRAM
By Martin A. Lee, AlterNet
Dr. James Ketchum tested a potent form of synthetic
marijuana on soldiers to develop a secret weapon in the
'60s. Now he's telling the tale.
http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/92049/

ECONOMIC REALITIES ARE KILLING OUR ERA OF FANTASY POLITICS
By Matt Taibbi, RollingStone.com
Election season will be packed with horserace media
distractions, but our economic situation is becoming a
matter of life and death.
http://www.alternet.org/workplace/91927/

WHY KARL ROVE SHOULD GO TO JAIL
By Rep. Linda T. Sanchez, Huffington Post
Karl Rove ignored a Congressional subpoena last week,
leaving the country rather than testify under oath. Enough
is enough.
http://www.alternet.org/rights/91917/

AS OBAMA HEADS TO MIDDLE EAST AND EUROPE, LET'S TALK ABOUT U.S.
IMPERIALISM
By Roberto Lovato, Of America
As Obama prepares for his world tour, we must prepare to ask
him the tough questions about imperialism the U.S. global
military machine.
http://www.alternet.org/audits/91752/

REBORN MLB SLUGGER JOSH HAMILTON IS ONE LUCKY FORMER DRUG ADDICT
By Anthony Papa, AlterNet
Hamilton was lucky enough to be able to afford treatment and
get access right away. Most people cannot afford it.
http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/91933/

FIDEL CASTRO ON FIDEL CASTRO
By Greg Grandin, The Nation
Readers of Fidel Castro's 'My Life' will hear all about the
Cuban Revolution, but no apologies for its suppression of
dissent.
http://www.alternet.org/audits/91100/

WHAT DOES SILENCE REALLY SOUND LIKE?
By Marisa Taylor, Ode
Sitting in an anechoic (soundless) chamber, I realized
silence isn't golden; it's creepy.
http://www.alternet.org/stories/91472/

AlterNet Blogs:

NAOMI KLEIN TEARS INTO BUSH'S OFFSHORE DRILLING PLAN ON FOX
By Naomi Klein
The author of "Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster
Capitalism" takes on Bush on Fox Business News.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/92025/

PUSHING PRESCRIPTIONS: HOW THE DRUG INDUSTRY SELLS ITS AGENDA AT YOUR
EXPENSE
By Heather Gehlert, AlterNet
Big Pharma is controlling the FDA, politicians and the
public airwaves to get to you.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/92037/

HEAVY PETTING: PETA COMPARES TEEN GIRLS TO UNNEUTERED ANIMALS
By Tana Ganeva, AlterNet
Is PETA (yet again) exploiting female sexuality to get its
point across?
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/sex/92036/

These stories, videos, blog posts, and more are available on
AlterNet.

http://www.alternet.org/

Donate: Visit https://www.alternet.org/donate/ to support
AlterNet and independent journalism.