I assume that what is blacked out is whatever the real deal is behind
the current line that banks which do not need bailouts ought to be
financed to buy out other banks, rather than the government buy out
troubled banks or partially fund them and then later sell off those
assets to the benefit of the US taxpayer. Free money for takeovers is
what is blacked out, I am guessing.

The Washington Post today 10/22/2008 offers evidence of a theory I
have. We have been hearing that some banks (pretend!) that they don't
want bailout money, but they have to take it. Pablum! Today we hear
that some banks will be using their bailout money for takeovers. Now
for my theory.

In 1999-2000, Morgan Rockefeller Rothschild, big New York banks, sent
out an army of tiny mortgage bankers. We saw the signs in the grass at
the traffic light, we received cold calls at home, we saw ads in
newspapers, all from tiny mortgage bankers we have never heard of, and
now they are gone. They pushed free money, causing people who would
have invested in real estate to invest multiples more in multiples
more houses. Soon they were bidding against each other, sending prices
multiples higher.

The stalking horses were providing the loans at first. Slowly they
drew target banks to compete, offering debt over equity and sub-prime
and variable rate loans, above all based on false valuations created
by supporting buyers to bid against each other. People were
refinancing every year, buying many houses, until rents could not rise
any higher. Rents topped out in 2004-5, and I heard a Stanford
econmics fellow and George Mason "Center for Public Choice" economist,
two opinions, noting that rents had topped.

Target banks were wiped out. Now taxpayers are paying the big New York
banks to take over their targets. As long as the stalking horses, or
ponies, are never connected to big New York banks and Fed partners, no
one will be the wiser. Nice scam, huh?

-Bob