Unplugging the New World Order
January 4, 2009
by Henry Makow Ph.D.
http://www.henrymakow.com/tuning_out_the_new_world_order.html
-<Unplugging NWO>-Livni spilling Gaza Blood>Real Goal of Gaza Slaughter>

If they had a webcam in the monkey house at the local zoo,
would you watch it?

Then why watch TV or go to the movies?
Why cruise the Internet or listen to most music?
It's the same thing: the chest pounding, screeching,
defecating, and fornicating of monkeys.
Of course we outdo monkeys with mindless killing and mayhem.

Because of the mass media, the world increasingly resembles
a hive, resonating at the same frequency.
When the stock market is down, everyone is down.

When money is the religion, an economic downturn signals a crisis of faith.

But there are other causes for the pessimism:
the spreading knowledge that our institutions have been subverted
and society has no way of self-correcting.

It feels like the world is a roller coaster and we are holding on for dear
life.
Perhaps we need to let go.

I believe in upholding the truth as I see it but wonder if I would be
more effective if I devoted more energy to my private life.
It's as though the external world is negating my private world
even though it hasn't physically impinged on it yet.
I feel as though I have impoverished myself by my constant focus
on the monkey house. I don't think I am alone in this.

As Wordsworth said, sometimes the world is "too much with us"
and we need to find balance. Our minds are like blotters,
hoping to find a reflection of our ideals in the world.
We need to turn the back of the mirror to the world,
and spend more energy reflecting our ideals in our personal lives.

I envy people who can make God, Jesus or Mohamed
the focus of all their thoughts. I often resolve to read the lives
and saying of mystics. Clearly I need another focus.
Family. Sports. I consider taking up cooking and baking as a hobby.
I'd like to hear from readers about how they change their focus.

TIME OUT

Recently feeling fatigued, I resolved to unplug the world for 24 hours.
I would be Robinson Crusoe on an island of my soul!
I put on a Gregorian chant and tried to meditate.
It's all about where we direct our attention minute-by-minute, I told myself.

I would focus on God. Order. Peace. Truth. Sanity.
A calm came over me.

At the same time, I had to resist temptations which floated
to the surface of my consciousness like debris from a sunken ship.
They made me realize how addicted I am to my computer terminal.
Out of that monitor flows the encouraging email, the book sales,
the stock quote etc. the corn niblets that come down my chute.
I had to agree with the yogis who say all misery results
from seeking satisfaction outside ourselves.

Yet that's all we do: manipulate the world
to do the things that make us feel good.
When will we realize we cannot feel good unless we are good?

How we hate to be alone with ourselves.
That's why we are constantly talking on cell phones or watching TV.
Why do we self-evade? As Paul Elmer More said,
"we exhaust a great effort and expense to be poorly entertained."
Let us enjoy our Selves.

After about four hours, I was feeling quite detached and refreshed,
and getting bored. So I broke down and checked my e-mail
and the latest headlines on Rense.com!

CONCLUSION

If we are engaged in a spiritual war, perhaps detaching from the world
for set periods of time is the way to fight it.
They seem to want to degrade us and keep us in a state of high anxiety.
They have been promising to invade Iran for six years.
Is the real agenda to keep us at the edge of our seats?

I'm all for fighting the good fight.
But maybe we can partially win if we don't let the enemy
into our homes and our hearts.

Comments for "Unplugging the New World Order"