The 2010 Conference Concerning Ritual Abuse, Secret Societies, and  Mind
Control by David Shurter
_http://davidshurter.blogspot.com/2010/08/2010-conference-concerning-ritual-
abuse.html_
(http://davidshurter.blogspot.com/2010/08/2010-conference-concerning-ritual-abuse.html)

The issue of ritual abuse, an issue once forbidden to discuss, is coming
to the forefront the more we learn about the issue of human trafficking, and
with books such as that written by Randy Noblitt and Pamela Perskin Noblitt
 entitled Ritual Abuse in the 21st Century, more info is coming to the
surface as  people have started to understand what it is like to be treated
like
an animal  on a daily basis- and the Stockholm effect that it has over the
victim, keeping  them quiet and complacent. However, after attending the
2010 Conference  Concerning Ritual Abuse, Secret Societies, and Mind Control, I
discovered how  uphill the battle to expose this vile treatment of our
fellow human beings has  become.

Take for example, the website Wikipedia. Invested in the concept  that
ritual abuse should only be associated with the moral panics of the 80s and
90s, it has decided to blacklist and ban all websites that deal with the issues
 concerning such cases. These websites are _http://extreme-abuse-surv
ey.net/_ (http://extreme-abuse-survey.net/) , _http://ritualabuse.us/_
(http://ritualabuse.us/) , _http://www.endritualabuse.org/_
(http://www.endritualabuse.org/) , and _http://abusearticles.wordpress.com/_
(http://abusearticles.wordpress.com/) .  It says something when you consider
the censorship that is
occurring with  regards to the issues brought up by the victims and their
supporters. Neil  Brick, founder of SMART, (standing for Stop Mind Control and
Ritual Abuse  Today), was the primary leader of the conference this year- as
he has been for  over a decade, and has dedicated much of his life to
exposing and trying to stop  this inhumane practice that is not just a problem
abroad, but also right here in  America.

The conference was a collection of professionals who are tops in  their
perspective fields- many of them published, as well as victims of the  practice
of not only ritual abuse, but also satanic ritual abuse- a practice not
even those in the field dare whisper of fear of the repercussions that could
result in speaking of such things. Honest, dedicated individuals who,
although  they may have been scarred by their childhoods or what they may have
faced  professionally- shined beautifully in the retelling of their experiences
while  they offered hope to those of us who are still struggling with
coming to terms  with what happened to us, and I came away with such a feeling
of
community that  I feel compelled to share with others some of what I
experienced this past  weekend at the conference.

Discussing such topics as how ritual abuse can  occur in any household and
doesn't have to be connected in any way to a group,  although thousands of
such cases exist- brought home the fact that ritual abuse  encourages
isolation, and the victims that are experiencing it now- today- most  likely
feel
as alone as I did back then. It is true that I am a product of SRA  (satanic
ritual abuse), but- because of the situations surrounding my family and
Omaha, Nebraska; I sometimes forget that the effects of ritual abuse are the
same for all abused victims, and that we all need to stand together so that
even  the most frightened will be empowered to come forward- regardless of
the  circumstances of their abuse.

Mr. Brick- whom I found to be a wealth of  information, did his utmost to
make the conference a safe and nurturing  experience, and succeeded superbly.
The topics discussed were intense, and many  of the recollections people
shared were not easy to listen too- but the  presentations were given with
such compassion and emotion that, at one point-  they elicited a standing
ovation. The stories related in the conference were so  personal and touching
that I couldn't be helped to be moved several times  throughout the event, and
because of Mr. Brick's handling of the conference-  there was not one point
at which I felt unsafe.

Safety is important to  anyone who has endured any kind of abuse- and many
who attended the conference  had been attacked- not only as children, but as
adults- as they struggled to put  together what happened to them as
children only to be personally attacked by  both family and strangers alike.
During
the time that I began to try to expose  the events that happened in Omaha,
I endured death threats, dead animals being  left in my yard, phone calls
from strangers urging me to stop, and vandalism to  my car- among other things
designed to intimidate me back into silence. Attacked  by my father's
family, overwhelmed by the fact that very few people would listen  to me- I
felt
very alone during my ordeal. The most poignant thing is that I  realized
during this conference is that I am not alone- and that others have  gone
through many of the same things I did when I started my investigation.  Without
Mr. Brick adhering strictly to the rules of the conference- such as an  ID
badge worn at all times, I believe that people would not have had the comfort
to open up as they did.

Concerning some of what happened in Omaha, I have  to say that I was
profoundly impressed by the presentation given by Nick Bryant-  author of the
new
book The Franklin Scandal: A Story of Power brokers, Child  Abuse, and
Betrayal. Thoughtful, insightful, and disturbing- he explains the  workings of
the Franklin Credit Union and the events surrounding the downfall of  the
institution in such a way that it was completely understandable- which is  not
an easy feat considering the complexities surrounding the failed bank.
Having thoroughly investigated the people involved, and the situations that
they
were involved with, he lays out his investigation with great detail- his
facts  corroborated at least three times over before he included them in his
book. I am  hoping that Mr. Bryant plans a trip to Omaha soon, as I believe
that the people  here need to hear the truth in what he is presenting, as he
does a great job  detailing the concerns many in Omaha still have regarding
the events that played  out here.

The time to be afraid is over, as is the time to be shamed into  silence. I
discovered that there is a strong urge in everyone I met this past  weekend
to bring this issue back into the minds of the general public, and the
most inspiring aspect of this past conference was the fact that so many want to
 join together in order to stop a practice that is not happening just in
other  countries, but in fact is most prevalent in our own! The leaders of
this  movement- such as those involved with Ritual Abuse in the 21st Century
and the  extreme abuse survey as well as the victims who are fighting to have
their  voices heard, and the therapists who have been exposed to the stories
of their  clients- are coming together in a way that is awe inspiring and I
have every  confidence our efforts will encourage others living in the
darkness to come out  of hiding.

(With concerns to the extreme abuse survey- as a social study-  it had a
remarkable turnout and yielded- not only consistent, but detailed facts
concerning the practices, methodologies, and numbers of victims suffering from
experiences that a concerted campaign is being waged to prevent anyone from
even  considering actually exists.)

I want to thank Neil for his continuing  efforts to expose this heinous
practice, and I encourage everyone out there to  support his, and those with
who he is working so hard with- in their efforts to  reduce these practices by
educating yourselves- looking at and reading the  information on the
websites that I previously mentioned, as well as getting  involved with
spreading
the word. The only way to stop what is happening in our  communities at
large is to know the problem, and come together in a cohesive way  that lets
our
objections to such abuse be heard, and examining the four websites
blacklisted on Wikipedia is a good way to start. Another way to learn more is
attend next year's conference. I know that I will be attending again- and I
hope  to meet more people next year than I did this last weekend.

It was a mind  expanding event, and I look forward to seeing great things
come from last  weekend. Considering the strength and the endurance of the
people involved- we  will see this inhumane practice exposed in our lifetimes
without a  doubt!