The following CR has been filed:

6941787 Spuriuos message "DC discovery failed" upon refresh.

I've reproduced this in-house. My understanding is that CIFS server has successfully located a domain controller and the above message is spurious. BTW, your CIFS server wasn't restarting but some changes in the configuration that might have triggered it to refresh.

Regards,

Natalie

Ryan John wrote:

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the response

Not every 5 minutes. I haven't added any shares for several days now.

> CIFS configuration in cifs-gendiag output looks fine to me. Your network capture, however, doesn't have any DNS traffic so we cannot tell

> what might have gone wrong during DC discovery. Could you please reproduce the DC discovery failure and send us an updated the network

> capture?

This one spans this period:

[ Apr  5 23:29:43 Rereading configuration. ]

[ Apr  5 23:29:44 Executing refresh method (:kill). ]

smbd: DC discovery failed

[ Apr  5 23:34:44 Rereading configuration. ]

[ Apr  5 23:34:44 Executing refresh method (:kill). ]

smbd: DC discovery failed

Cheers

John