Hello,

We're migrating from a BSD Samba/NFS server to OpenSolaris CIFS/NFS,
using a W2k3 AD Server with MS SFU for auth and user database. Setting
up LDAP with the SFU attributes works fine for NFS, but I cannot
figure out the CIFS side of things. I thought that something like:

svccfg -s svc:/system/idmap setprop
config/ds_name_mapping_enabled=boolean: true
svccfg -s svc:/system/idmap setprop config/ad_unixuser_attr=astring:
msSFU30Name
svccfg -s svc:/system/idmap setprop config/ad_unixgroup_attr=astring:
msSFU30Group

would work but, but it does not.

Name-based mapping works, at least for uids, but would be too cumbersome to maintain in our environment.

Has anybody gotten AD idmapping working with SFU?

Thanks,

Michael Anderson

--
Michael Anderson
IT Services & Support

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
Building 12.3 (BIG) room 227
13355 Berlin, Germany

phone +49 30 23 45 86 96      michael.anderson at elegosoft.com
fax   +49 30 23 45 86 95      http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Olaf Wagner, Sitz Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 77719, USt-IdNr: DE163214194