I don't think this has been discussed before.
Can you provide a network capture (wireshark) for this scenario?

Alan

On 06/11/10 02:48 AM, Daniel Uvehag wrote:
Hi

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I've been searching for some
time now without any success.

I've setup an OpenSolaris machine which I intend to use as a storage server for
various things in a mixed environment. I have successfully joined the machine
to our Active Directory domain and things seemed to work. However, I seem to
have hit a road bump.

I have a couple of MSI packages that I deploy through GPO to some computer and
it doesn't seem like it is possible to store these on the OpenSolaris server
using a CIFS share. What happens is that when the client tries to install the
MSI package, it connects to the share using the client's machine account (i.e.
clie...@realm) which silently fails. After some debugging I found this in the
OpenSolaris syslog:

NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, found a solution? This is not a
deal breaker but a nuisance.

Best regards