Perhaps
        chmod A=group:group1:read_set::allow /pool1/share

Alan

Chris Hunt wrote:
I am trying to setup a fileserver in a workgroup that will have a share:

share1

and a few folders under that share with group specific permissions:

folder2 (accessible by group2)
folder3 (accessible by group3)

I have edited my /etc/group file to represent how I would like this done:

group1::101:user1,user2,user3
group2::102:user1
group3::103:user2,user3

I then set the permissions necessary to view everything in the top folder
"share1":

chmod
A=group:group1:list_directory/read_data/read_xattr/read_attributes/read_acl/synchronize:allow
 /pool1/share

I then give permission to group2 for folder2:

chmod
A=group:group2:list_directory/read_data/add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory/append_data/read_xattr/write_xattr/execute/delete_child/read_attributes/write_attributes/delete/read_acl/synchronize:dir_inherit:allow
 /pool1/share/folder2

I then give permission to group3 for folder3:

chmod
A=group:group3:list_directory/read_data/add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory/append_data/read_xattr/write_xattr/execute/delete_child/read_attributes/write_attributes/delete/read_acl/synchronize:dir_inherit:allow
 /pool1/share/folder3

The problem I am having is that the share is showing up however the folders do not.  If I give
group1 the "full_set" in the "share" folder then I can see the folders however
I do not want users to have any write permissions in that folder.  What am I missing?