M G wrote:
Hello,

sorry if this questions have already popped up, but I have not been
able to find a way to search through the previous discussion threads.

I have managed to set up NFS shares with the ZFS build-in method (i.e.
without dfstab) and I now want to set up CIFS shares as well without
having to install a Samba server.

ALL documentation, howtos, etc. that I have read so far use tools like
'sharemgr' or 'smbadm' that for some reason are absent on my vanilla
system. Even 'svcadm enable -r smb/server' doesn't start anything, it
seems that the whole smb/cifs-sever-stuff is missing.
I'm completely new to Solaris and at a loss here. I have not found a
single Howto that tells me what to install to use CIFS and how to do
so. The ZFS manpage is also frighteningly unhelpful (regarding both
NFS and CIFS).

I'm running Solaris 10 10/09. Iknow this is an OPENsolaris forum,
sorry, but still, maybe there is someone kind enought to point me to
the right documentation.

The "native" CIFS support is not available in Solaris 10. It's only available in OpenSolaris.