This doesn't look like anything related to the CIFS Service.
The CIFS Service is essentially a conduit between the network
interface and the file system; it has no cognizance of data
rates.  My suspicion would be a network problem and it would
probably be better to pursue that on networking-discuss.

For troubleshooting: a network monitor (wireshark, netmon,
snoop) might help identify what's going on when the connection
drops out.

I use snv_134 as my base install on my systems and it's been
working well for me.

Alan