Hi,

I just found out that windows2012 RC sends multiple compound requests
within just one encrypted SMB2_TRANSFORM message.

From reading [MS-SMB2] version 37.0 I had the impression that each
request would be encrypted on its own, similar to how signing works.

Can the other receiver side rely on the fact that all messages within a
SMB2_TRANSFORM message belong to the same session as the session (referenced
by the session id in the SMB2_TRANSFORM header) used for the encryption?

What will happen if a client send unrelated compound requests?

What about async responses with STATUS_PENDING, are they also encrypted?

How does it work, when the last request in a compound chain goes async?

Are Oplock/Lease Break Notifications encrypted?

Can there be more than one SMB2_TRANSFORM message within a transport
layer message?

metze