Hi Phylis,

I would like to test your procedure with the video card (Nvidia GTX-750Ti) on my computer (equipped with an Intel i7 3770k CPU), but I don't really understand the indications.

If I follow you well

First - Install "libva-dev" (since the CPU of my computer is made by Intel).

Second - Use the "X11" video driver in Cin-GG.

Then I don't understand the indications concerning a "environment variable".

Does it simply mean that I launch Cin-GG by the command "CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi./cin" in a terminal opened from the folder where the Cin-GG installation is located?

Pierre

On 19-04-25 08 h 06, Sam wrote:
How to use IF you have the appropriate graphics board and the proper libraries installed:

1) You need to have libva-dev installed on Intel processors;
2) or you need to have libvdpau-dev installed on AMD processors.
3) Verify Settings->Preferences, Playback, Video Driver is set to X11 (NOT X11-OpenGL). 4) Before starting CinelerraGG, set an environment variable -- because this is so new and we do not have the capability of testing across all hardware and all operating system distros, we used an environment variable in order to make it easily reversible by the user.  To run in the installed directory:

CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi ./cin   (for Intel)
Or CIN_HW_DEV=vdpau ./cin