Hi GG, Phylis, Sam and all

Now that things as settled around, and now that I'm good with the website French translation, I'm taking back the packaging of Cin-GG for my audio-linux debian-based distribution (and maybe later, a potential inclusion into Debian mainstream, but... one step after another).

I've been doing a build with the last cin_5.1.20190430 and it seems to be successful so far.

Doing that, I found a bunch of LV2 plugins which are avoided Cin to be launched and then, which needs to be added to the LV2_blacklist.txt file (after I did that locally, Cin is launching fine). Those following lines are the culprits:

file:///usr/lib/lv2/MonoEffect.ingen/MonoEffect.ttl
file:///usr/lib/lv2/MonoInstrument.ingen/MonoInstrument.ttl
file:///usr/lib/lv2/StereoEffect.ingen/StereoEffect.ttl
file:///usr/lib/lv2/StereoInstrument.ingen/StereoInstrument.ttl
http://example.org/raffo
http://www.wodgod.com/newtonator/1.0
https://sami.boukortt.com/plugins/intersect#Intersect
https://sami.boukortt.com/plugins/intersect#SymmetricDifference
https://sami.boukortt.com/plugins/intersect#Upmix

Also, please, find attached an improved version for the ./blds/debian/control file which contains those improvements/changes: - I added a bit of description (then it looks better with the packages managers) - I improved the Maintainer field (changed the name from "mailing list" to "Cinelerra-GG devs") - I moved the Standard-version and the Homepage fields downer (standard good practice for Debian packaging)
- Build-depends :
-- 1 item per line (standard good practice for Debian packaging even if it doesn't change anything computer-side, it is easier to human-read) -- alphabetically ordered (standard good practice for Debian packaging too, easier for human-reading)
-- removing of duplicates : libxft-dev, libxinerama-dev, and libxv-dev
-- adding libusb-1.0-0-dev (the compilation failed here without it)

I've got a few questions about the debian/control file which I'd like to have your dev's point of view here (I left those as-is for now waiting for your answers in case I'm missing something):
- Build-depends field:
-- why is inkscape needed for building ? It sounds like a mistake at a first glance. -- why is e2fsprogs needed ? For information, it contains those binaries : https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/amd64/e2fsprogs/filelist -- same for linux-firmware, why is that needed for building ? It doesn't even look to be in the Debian repository anymore - The "Standards-Version" number is currently defined to "5.1.20190430". It is not supposed to be the program version number (which is defined in the debian/changelog file), but a number matching a Debian standard. If you're OK with that, I would set it up to 3.9.8 which is the standard for Debian Stretch (current stable - Debian 9) and which will work as well for the next stable (Buster - Debian 10).

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your continuous work on cin-gg !
Cheers,
Olivier

PS: last but not least, I've send it to the mailing list as I did a few months ago back in the cin-cv times, but feel free to let me know if you would better like me to use the Mantis bug-tracker or any other way to contribute. I'm planning to send you other improvements/contributions on a next step.

--
Site web : https://librazik.tuxfamily.org/
Donation : https://liberapay.com/LibraZiK/
Diaspora : https://framasphere.org/people/8c184af0c9450134f6682a0000053625
Mastodon : https://mastodon.xyz/@LibraZiK
Source: cin
Section: video
Maintainer: Cinelerra-GG devs <cin@lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
Build-Depends:
 autoconf,
 automake,
 build-essential,
 cmake,
 e2fsprogs,
 exuberant-ctags,
 fonts-dejavu,
 freeglut3-dev,
 g++,
 gdb,
 gettext,
 git,
 inkscape,
 libasound2-dev,
 libbz2-dev,
 libflac-dev,
 libfreetype6-dev,
 liblzma-dev,
 libncurses5-dev,
 libpng-dev,
 libtool,
 libusb-1.0-0-dev,
 libva-dev,
 libvdpau-dev,
 libxft-dev,
 libxinerama-dev,
 libxml2-utils,
 libxv-dev,
 libz-dev,
 linux-firmware,
 nasm,
 texinfo,
 ttf-bitstream-vera,
 udftools,
 xfonts-100dpi,
 xfonts-75dpi,
 yasm,
Standards-Version: 5.1.20190430
Homepage: https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/

Package: cin
Architecture: any
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
 Cinelerra-GG is a complete audio and video authoring tool. It understands a
 lot of multimedia formats (quicktime, avi, ogg) and audio/video compression
 codecs (divx, xvid, mpeg1/2, ...).
 .
 This is a fork (by one of its member) of the community-maintained version of
 Cinelerra (also known as Cinelerra-CV).