I think it doesn't help to add a warning "Your cursor isn't at start of project".

Deim, I write a fast/short answer to you. Sorry.
The complete answer about "Batch rendering" is in the Manual:

"To create a Cinelerra project file which can be used in batch render, set up a Cinelerra project and define the region to be rendered either by highlighting it, setting in/out points around it, or positioning the insertion point before it."

IgorBeg