I propose to consider the concept of new functionality. To improve the usability, it is useful to have constant access to all project resources in the viewing window. You can implement this using the tabs. Example: https://pic4a.ru/912/qba.gif

Sorry, Ugin, I don't like your idea.
I think that "Inter-View Mode" is really useful for that.
Do you know the "InterView Mode" features?
You can find it in the CinelerraGG_manual (April 2019) 6.6 section,
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_manual.pdf
or in the CinelerraGG_manual_WorkInProgress (November 2019) 5.6 section,
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_manual_WIP.pdf

There were some sceencasts to show you, made by Phyllis and Sam (I think), but I don't remember where they are.

IgorBeg