> I have my .bcast5 folder on relatively slow STA HDD (not SSD), formatted
> for /home
> as xfs. may be slow access to indexes caused/exaggregated this bug?
>
> Can you try with index placed into slow place/disk, or inside VM?
>
> Also, is there anything I can poke with gdb?

GG was hoping you could do this but he has not had time to write down the
steps that it would take.  The cinelerra_2939.dmp from June 5 does not
point to the exact time the problem happened so it is hard to pin it down
and that is why poking would be quite helpful.  (As soon as he and the dog
finish their nap, I will let him know).   Phyllis