First of all thank you MatN (as from what I understood you were the person who 
allowed appimage to be built),

I followed the recent switch to appimage and I understand it makes sense as 
there is no need for different builds.

Just one thought, why appimage and not flatpak?

I prefer flatpak but my personal preference doesn't matter,

I think the only cons of flatpak compared to appimage is the larger size (in 
today's world it should not be an issue but I realized that for many good 
internet is not a thing yet).

However I would like to point out which IMHO is the best advantage of flatpak 
over appimage, flathub, the repo where many, popular FLOSS softwares are 
present. I remember reading appimage has something similar but I think it is 
nowhere near as popular as flathub. A search for 'video editor' shows many 
cinelerra 'competitors' but no cinelerra :/

https://flathub.org/apps/search/video%20editor

Are there plans in the future to offer a flatpak of cinelerra as well?
-- 
Cin mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin

Reply via email to