This is really a bad story. And a bad behaviour from a programmer.

Il 14/04/2023 00:28, Phyllis Smith via Cin ha scritto:
Last summer I put out an ad for a 10 week CinGG summer of code with the title of "Linux / C++ beginner / student" with an enticement of $400 each week for compiling, execution of well outlined steps, and make mods to the "burn" plugin to just add the gui variables. I thought someone might like the challenge and could put in a few hours each week (before and after "aging" plugin gui mods would serve as a guideline).

Response from Ernest Ibarra was "he was interested" and had a "Mac Pro with Ubuntu and also had 3 years of C++ knowledge". Pointed him to the Manual on how to build CinGG and he sent me a screenshot showing a built version. So I assumed he was able to do a build which would mean he had to have done a compile??

Ibarra was paid $400 a week for 4 weeks just to experiment with coding but by the end of the 4th week he reported "having a really hard time compiling" just the plugin. I suggested he do a full compile with his modifications in (since supposedly he had compiled the whole program at least once, right?).

Ernest Ibarra stopped replying to my emails after 4 weeks of PayPal payments by June 28th. Finally on July 19th, after receiving another 2 weeks (total $2400) I asked Ibarra to send me the code that he could not get to compile so I could compile it myself but never heard back. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT -- should not 3 years of C++ be enough for a competent programmer to work on a very small part of Cinelerra? So I am closing BT #62 as being a HUGE FAILURE -- at least with Ernest Ibarra.