On Friday, May 26, 2023 10:32:56 AM CEST, Andrea paz wrote:
CinGG has no color management. I also have a wide gamut monitor (98%
DCI-P3), but it is useless in CinGG.
We have collected all the color info in the manual:
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Overview_on_Color_Managemen.html

PS: If you find any other news or ways of dealing with color in CinGG,
please let us know and we will add it to the manual.

Could you add some screenshots for this section?

"For practical guidelines, one can imagine starting with a quality file, for example, 10-bit YUV 4.2.2. You set the project to RGBA-FLOAT; the YUV color space to your choice of Rec709 (for a FullHD) or BT 2020NCL (for UHD) and finally the YUV color range to JPEG."

What I can find is "Settings > Format > Color model" for RGBA-Float, and "Settings > Preferences > Appearance > YUV color space" it would be good to explicitly guide the use towards where to end up.

I guess my 'work' would benefit from RGB-Float, and only at the output clamp to 8bit.

--
Stefan