Andrew,

> Are you sure you saw no problem when resulting mpg?VOB was loaded back
> into cingg? I think wrongly-sampled
> pcm audio will just change its length .. :(

That is what I found so different from you, but maybe my cases were too
simple. I will find some different cases to test, but I found no problems
when just taking the defaults and not changing any values.

> >> ALSO, IMPORTANT! Audio must be 48Khz or 96Khz, nothing else is
> >> supported, even by ffmpeg's dvd pcm encoder.

And I did not find this result either.  I changed in Settings->Format to
audio of 80 and 8000 and it worked just fine.  Plus the audio level was
correct and not too loud.

If you have a video/audio that gave you strange results, you can send it to
me privately so I can check.