Hi Andrea,

The  substitutefont package is obsolete.
Quote from https://www.ctan.org/pkg/substitutefont:
> This package used to facilitate the task of setting up a font family as a
substitute for another one in a specified font encoding.
>It has been obsoleted by the NFSS command \DeclareFontFamilySubstitution
added to the LATEX kernel in its 2020-02 release (cf. ltnews31).
>Existing documents can be updated by removing \usepackage{substitutefont}
and replacing all instances of \substitutefont with
\DeclareFontFamilySubstitution.

Best regards,
Andrey