Andrew, sorry but no change for me - still same errors.  At first I only
recompiled pluginfclient.C but since it did not work, I did a full build.
Still failed.  Also, verified that the patch was actually applied just in
case I made a mistake.  I have settings Alsa  / HD-Audio Generic #0 / 16
bit linear.