Andraž Tori wrote:
> Lately i had almost no time to hack on cinelerra and it doesn't seem
> that situation will improve in forseeable future.
>
> Therefore, I'd like to point out that cinelerra is in need of new
> manpower to keep it in good condition. Currently there are at least a
> few grave bugs that have to be fixed, but are quite hard to track down
> (freezing when moving edits when having multiple tracks being one of
> them)
I'm back from vacation, working on my cinelerra branch now. Currently I
rather care more for infrastructure enhancements and cleanup than
outstanding bugfixes but I believe that this will pave the road to
find/fix bugs much easier in future (at least for me).

> I believe we can be a bit more liberal with svn access, since we really
> have a big problem at hand...
I think so far the git way worked well, looking at the repositories
which are mirrored here, there are people actively working on cinelerra
on their git branches. For me hosting git mirrors from pipapo.org turned
out to be less problematic than I expected (bandwidth/traffic/support
wise). Imo it would be nice to bless the git repos more official, maybe
even phase out SVN and turn over to git entirely. This gives much more
freedom in workflow since anyone can hack in his own branches. We could
pick up Linux kernel like policies and add 'Signed-off' comments to
reviewed commits etc.

Some ideas/notes:
 - Would it be possible to run a git mirror service on
   cvs.cinelerra.org?
 - Anyone else having a server which can offer git mirroring?
 - There is repo.or.cz which offers free mirroring too.
 - a anonymous (untrusted) pushable git repo on pipapo.org
   (how about such on cinelerra.org?)
 - I would offer some help when setting up git things on cinelerra.org
 - How about a monthly developer meeting on IRC, 1 hour where we can
discuss who works on what, where progress is made, who needs help with
something and so on. Exact time&date acknowledged on the mailinglist,
Someone makes a protocol about the outcome and puts it online and so on?
 - when will then entire cinelerra.org site be a wiki? :)

        Christian