august wrote:
> hey everyone,
>

> just wanted to write and introduce myself...and possibly ask a question
> or two.   My name is August Black and I already met quite a few of you
> from the cinelerra working group in Bergen, Norway at the Piksel
> festival.   So, hello again!
>
> I've been a broadcast2000/Cinelerra user ever since, well, it was called
> broadcast2000.   I cut a few documentaries and such in 2000, 2002, and
> tend to make something, audio or video, with cinelerra about once or
> twice a year.  So, I'm not really a noobie nor a guru.  I still have the
> cut and paste editing style  from the bcast2000 days...but am learning
> more about labels, clips, and the viewer window for two window editing.
> I think I got a good handle on it now.
>
> I've been a fan of this software for a while now, despite all the quirks
> and am amazed at how far it has come.  so Bravo to all involved!  I use
> it for all of my editing needs.
>
> And, I recently used it for a short film in Norway I made with my
> colleague, Federico Bonelli.
>
> http://www.cinemasolubile.net/?p=97

hey I want to show it my wife, where are the downloads?

> We only ran into a few problems...some of which I figured out how to
> do, others I am still looking for answers.
>
> First, what is the best way to export all to DVD?  I try to render MP2,
> but it has NEVER worked for me.  I find myself rendering to RGB and then
> encoding with ffmpeg....(which also has some majore quirks)
render to DV or some other high quality master format (mjpeg) and then
reencode to the target format is sadly the suggested way for now.

> Second,  how can you set the keyframe curves so that they are linear and
> not logarithmic.  the logarithmic curves make sense for the audio, but
> not always for the camera and projector.  For example, I'm trying to
> make a scrolling credits page, but need the motion to start and stop on
> a linear rather logarithmic curve.

you can drag control points out of the curve points when pressing ctrl
(or was it shift?) while dragging a point on a curve. Next ichthyo made
a much better but experimental bezier inperpolation patch which gives
better/more control, digg the mailinglist for infos about it.

        Christian