Jonas Wulff wrote:
>> Generally Richard, Herman and me (et al) agreed that we wan't no bulky
>> overloaded supereffects but that it is somewhat essential for free
>> software to develop effects which do simple things and then can be
>> used to combine new functionality. In this case this means we need:
>> 1) an analyzing part which derrives motion vectors maybe even more
>> smaller ones for perspective and rotational detection. (cins current
>> one does all at once)
>> 2) Transform tools which operate on the vectors from 1) again diffrent
>> ones (xy, zoom, rotation, perspective)
>>
>> 3) (not there yet) directional deblurring also using the vectors from
>> 1)
>>

>>      Christian

> Sounds good -- but doesn't that imply the need for a much more
> sophisticated plugin API? Otherwise one would need to use very ugly
> workarounds to pass more info than just the picture itself...

this is just general thinking not about an actual implementation, for
cin3 we plan a backend which can cope with this. But we need to draw a
line of things which are of general interest (algorithms and
implementations) and things which are better left for the implementor of
a video editing program, aka not produce yet-another-framework or plugin
api. Sometimes the backend can cheat around plugin api deficiencies in
other ways there is no way then this api cant be used, maybe improve it
or switch to another one, time will show.

        Christan