On Dienstag, 1. Juni 2010, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> HI Herman, and thanks for the help.   I'm sorry, I guess I misspoke She
> crashes on start up  when automatically loading.  The Mp3 file is
> corrupted and I don't know how to keep it from loading so it crashes. I
> guess this is the problem assuming that Cinelerra itself is not
> corrupted?? I can't start a new session so I can't use the saved files.

Doug,

first thing to try: Rename the direct .bcast in your home directory. If
cinelerra starts after this, the installation is not broken. (Do not do any
work now.)

Now close cinelerra again and remove the .bcast that it created (if any).
Rename your earlier backup back to .bcast.

In this directory, you find a backup.xml. This is the file you load with
File->Load. You can edit it with a text editor. *I* would convert all mp3
files to wav, and then edit all references to mp3 files to the corresponding
wav file in backup.xml. There's no guarantee that the result is equivalent to
the original, but it's worth a try. You can keep a backup of backup.xml to
have something from which you can start over again.

-- Hannes