I am only an occasional user of cinelerra, and then only as a hobbyist; I have
almost exclusively lurked on this list for a few years. And, last caveat, I
know
essentially nothing of what appears to be the current controversy, except what
glean from the first sentence or paragraph of a few posts that seem, well,
unconstructive.

So, just my two cents worth:

*   The first penny: Re the website... if the domain name expired, its fair
game,
    period. I jealously guard mine because I know I could lose it with a one
day
    lapse. And Mr. Collins seems correct to me that there was little activity
    anyway, right? Just the fact that the last news posting before this
transition
    was Jul 9, 2012 means any observer knowing that, and that the domain
    registration had lapsed, would reasonably assume no one wanted it.

*   The second penny: Its open source, for goodness sake. Isn't this what open
    source is about - enabling and empowering people to improve, expand,
    experiment?

I don't understand the angst and consternation. My intent is to support Mr.
Collins - and anyone else wanting to contribute toward projects that I care
about
- when and if I can. (Such as with this post :-)

In the meantime, good luck to all!

Sincerely,

MikeM

Mike Morris
The Music Place
1617 Willowhurst Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 445-ARTS (2787)
    Your Random Quote:
        One inflexible law that cannot be amended in Congress
        is the law of unintended consequences.
        Lawmakers who are undecided, dismayed and fearful of
        the unforeseeable consequences of their actions
        are safer to have around.
                    - Thomas G. Donlan, Barron's