Hi all, I am puzzling over a cisco 2851 which has both a HWIC-D-9ESW 9-port switch module and a NM-16ESW-1GIG 16+1 port switch module.
The switch modules do not seem to be behaving as I would expect. ARPs are succeeding and failing apparently at random, OSPF adjacencies are not forming, and general layer-2 badness abounds. The small amounts of cisco docs available about this configuration suggest that "intra-chassis stacking" must be configured, but details on exactly what that means are a little light. The best indication I have seen suggests that I need to insert a crossover cable between the optional gigabit modules on each of the cards; however, it doesn't seem like gigabit ports are an option on the 9-port HWIC, and the gig port on the 16+1-port NM is already in use. I have no requirement for VLANs to span the two modules -- I can easily keep all the ports on the 9-port HWIC in a single VLAN, and not expect any ports in the 16+1-port NM to join those VLANs. Any suggestions as to whether this configuration can be made to work in a sane way? Joe _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
