Hi,
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 09:41:39AM +0100, Sam Stickland wrote:
> Anything in s/w IOS (87x-->7200) should be pretty much real-time AFAIK."
That's definitely not correct for NPE-G1 / 12.2(18)S9...
- 32 bit counters on gi0/1: seem to be real-time
- 64 bit counters on gi0/1: 5 seconds
- 32 bit counters on pos2/0: seem to be real time
- 64 bit counters on pos2/0: 20 seconds
I'm not sure I *want* to imagine what sort of programming is required to
get *that* result.
(If I had to do it, I would use 64 bit counters everywhere, and have SNMP
just return the lower half on 32 bit queries. "show int" would return
SNMP counters minus "clear count" offset. Boom, no more inconsistencies
between 32/64/snmp/sh int counter anymore. But that would take away
half the fun...)
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/