Also, whilst on the subject, have cisco come up with a way to detect 
Idle as a result of maxprefix via SNMP yet?

Dave.


Shaun R. wrote:
> I use nagios and wrote my own pluggin to poll the device via snmp.  If you 
> want a copy email me and i'll send you the script.
> 
> ~Shaun
> 
> 
> "chiel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message 
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering how you guys monitor your BGP sessions. Do you use snmp 
>> traps or do you poll the router with a snmp get (if thats posible)?
>> I ask this because I want don't want to get notified if one bgp goes down. 
>> But I would like to know if a important bgp session goes down/flapping.
>>
>> So I would like to see something like this:
>> All bgp sessions: snmp-traps
>> Important bgp sessions: snmp-trap & snmp get
>>
>> My questions is, what do you use for monitoring bgp? And is it posible to 
>> send a snmp get to a cisco device specifying only one bgp session to get 
>> the status for that? and what is the MIB for that?
>>
>> thanks
>> chiel
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to