By the way, I like F5 because of its functionality, but I think they have other problems to solve. In fact, the one I like is Juniper's, and I like also the approximation they are evolving, Application Acceleration.
Have you ever opened a F5 switch hardware to see what's going inside? :-) On 4/18/07, R.L. Nevot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > day to dat working with old CCS 11154, from version 5.1 to the last issued > (think they are now with 6.1), and had issues regarding VRRP (taking both > control of services although there was communication between them), > missbehaviours with ACLs, with sticky-srcip parameter, etc. > > We also have a brand new 11506 with ssl module, and sometimes its fiber > interfaces stop processing traffic suddenly. Last version of software and > replaced several times the fiber modules, now it's stable. > > The CLI is embarrassing, has several errors, commands that are misspelled > (try to do advanced-balance and then try to make no advanced-balance...), > poor SNMP administration... > > In fact, I was very happy with CSS11154 'til I had opportunity to test > F5... CSS11506, with its difficult to understand way to configure > SSL-proxys, made my day... > > regards > > On 4/16/07, Gert Doering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 08:01:47PM +0200, Marcin Mazurek wrote: > > > > (I assume that both the CSM and the ACE can do SSL "out of the box", > > and > > > > you just need to have the right license, that is, "don't buy extra > > > > doughter cards"?) > > > > > > CSM dosn't support SSL offload, ACE does. With CSM You may use SSL > > > offload module, separate blade for cat6. > > > > Ah. Important information, thanks. > > > > > I would skip CSM as ACE is next generation product (contexts, TCP > > > offload, active-active also per context, many more). > > > > Given that ACE also seems to be a good deal less money, this is good > > advice :-) > > > > > You may want to take a look at F5 and Juniper products, nice feature > > are > > > rules that You can check You traffic in L7 without significant > > > performance decrease. > > > > Customer is explicitely asking for Cisco... > > > > gert > > -- > > USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW! > > > > //www.muc.de/~gert/ > > Gert Doering - Munich, Germany > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > fax: +49-89-35655025 > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
