Hi,
On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:14:43PM +0100, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> At the sites where I need to tunnel from are currently 3550 switches (and
> a few 3750's). What sort of GRE performance should I see from those?
GRE is *not* supported on 3550/3750s (see the archives for more details).
> Assuming I use something other than the 3550 for GRE, what device would give
> me GRE at 100Mbps? 300Mbps? 500Mbps? 1Gbps? 5Gbps?
7200/NPE-G1 should do up to maybe 100-200 Mbit/s, but I'm doubtful whether
it could do 500 Mbit/s.
7600/Sup720 will do "whatever you need", provided you use a different local
address for each "tunnel source" (if you have multiple tunnels on the
same local IP address, the hardware can't do the tunneling, and the CPU
is much slower).
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/